After your sign your solar agreement, you’re ready for solar installation. Now the real fun begins! The best part? You don’t have to lift a finger because we take care of everything from scheduling to submitting permits, to working with the city, and securing those big, beautiful panels to your roof. Naturally you’ll have questions, and we’ll be right there with you answering them every step of the way. Here’s what you can expect:
A technician will visit you in your home to confirm your system design, verify measurements, and adjust for shade and obstructions on your roof. Timing: 1-2 weeks
Following site evaluation, our solar design experts will make any necessary adjustments and email you for final approval. Timing: 1-3 weeks
Once you give the green light we’ll submit your design to the city for permitting. The timing now depends on how quickly local government works and can take up to eight weeks. Timing: 2-8 weeks
After your permit is granted we’ll get to work placing those gorgeous new panels on the roof! Timing: 2-5 days
When construction is finished, the city or county will do a final inspection before your system can be connected to the grid. Timing: 1-4 weeks
Now you’re in the home stretch. We’ll submit your documents to the utility company and they’ll install a net meter allowing us to track how much solar electricity you produce and use. Timing: 3-6 weeks
Power Up and Start Saving
When the utility company grants Permission to Operate, that means you’re free to flip the switch and start generating clean, affordable, money-saving energy right from your roof. Congratulations, you’re in!
We could tell you that we’re the biggest and best International solar company. We could tell you we install a new system every few minutes, or that we focus exclusively on residential, commercial and government clean energy systems. Then there’s the 50% you can save.
Your home or business isn’t like anybody else’s and a one-size-fits-all solar solution won’t lower your bills like AMK can. That’s why we customize every system we install to fit our customers’ homes, lifestyles, and savings goals.
To do it, we created our own design technology that lets us quickly design a custom solar system with just a few pieces of information and satellite imagery of your roof. In a matter of seconds, we comb through thousands of potential designs, allowing us to create customized systems that maximize energy production better and faster than if we did it by hand.
But solar panels aren’t the only thing we customize. Since your finances are different from your neighbors’ down the street, we offer a choice of great payment options that put you in control of how you pay for solar.
Smarter phones. Smarter technology. Smarter innovations. So why are we still in the dark when it comes to energy? That’s what drives AMK to do what we do every day: provide planet-changing residential and commercial solar in a simple, inexpensive, low-risk way.
The AMK vision is to create a planet run by the sun—because we know it’s the one world-changing difference every one of us can all make. We’ve already helped tens of thousands of homeowners make the switch and we’re constantly looking for new ways to make solar accessible to even more homeowners. We’re excited for what’s ahead and believe this is just the beginning.
When we say we handle everything from start to finish, we mean from the second you sign your contract through the very long life of your system.
Still wondering “what if?” Allow us to clear that up:
From paperwork to monitoring to repairs, our world-class customer care team does it all. We use only the best panel manufacturers and installers, and create systems that require zero upkeep from you. That means you get an affordable system for little to no money up front, lower utility bills for the next 20 years, and a cleaner environment, all without lifting a finger. Yup, we thought of everything.
What if something breaks?
You pay nothing. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Because we cover all your system’s maintenance, plus we take care of paperwork, scheduling, and more. With AMK, you’ll never pay a dime for repairs.
What if the panels stop working?
We’ll probably know before you do. Our team monitors your solar production so that you don’t have to think twice about it. If something happens, we get alerted and contact you ASAP, figure out the cause and get it fixed.
What if something happens to my roof during or after installation?
That’s covered too! Your contract includes a roof warranty, which protects your roof from leaks or holes.
What if I need help with something?
Don’t worry. We don’t have impersonal overseas call centers with prewritten scripts. Instead, we have smart people who, if you met them at a party, would probably become your friend. AMK offers the best in customer care.
AMK Maintenance & Performance Guarantee:
- AMK will insure, maintain, and repair the Solar Facility at no additional cost to you including inverter replacement.
- Sunrun provides a performance guarantee for our products. We guarantee that the solar system will produce 100% of the guaranteed output during the initial term of the agreement (95% performance guarantee for our Monthly Lease).
- If your system underperforms, your provider will refund you for lost power. If your system over-performs, you keep the excess power at no extra charge.
- The modules and inverters installed as part of the solar system are covered by separate manufacturer warranties. We will assign to you any manufacturer warranties in effect upon installation. We will also provide you reasonable assistance in contacting manufacturers. If a manufacturer fails to pay us for services to correct a deficiency, we will bill you for that service at our standard rate for time and materials.
- We provide a limited warranty of ten (10) years (the “Warranty Period”). During the Warranty Period, we will at our expense repair or replace any material or workmanship covered by the limited warranties. This limited warranty does not cover materials already covered by the manufacturer warranties, such as modules and inverters. We also warrant our workmanship for a period of ten (10) years after installation.
- We warrant that the rated electrical output of your solar system will not be less than 85% of DC nameplate rating (measured in kW) measured upon completion of our installation as a result of defects in material we supplied (except for modules or inverters) or work we performed to install the solar system
AMK Maintenance & Performance Guarantee:
- AMK only works with insured partners who have all required licenses to perform the work necessary to install and maintain your system
- AMK agrees to carry insurance that covers all damage to and theft of AMK’s solar system. The customer will not be responsible for insuring the system.
- Customers agree to carry insurance that covers all damage to your Property during the term of this Agreement, including damage resulting from the solar system, provided such damage was not caused by the gross negligence of AMK. It is your responsibility to determine if the installation of the solar system will impact your existing coverage. If additional insurance is required to maintain your existing coverage, you will be responsible for either (i) procuring and maintaining such insurance or (ii) the consequences of not procuring and maintaining such insurance.
- Sunrun carries commercial general liability insurance (CGL). Additionally, AMK requires its contractors to maintain commercial general liability insurance and workers compensation insurance.
- AMK carries commercial general liability insurance (CGL). Additionally, AMK requires its contractors to maintain commercial general liability insurance and workers compensation insurance.
AMK Maintenance & Performance Guarantee:
- When we arrange for installation of a system for a lease or PPA agreement, AMK owns the panels, and we monitor the system performance output in order to proactively detect/diagnose any issues.
- We will continue to monitor the solar system for as long as the meter continues to function, or until the twentieth anniversary of this Agreement, whichever is sooner.